Effective Date: July 09, 2021
1 Types of Information We Collect
We collect the following information about you:
1.1 Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is information that directly or indirectly identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other identifying information about you, or that would, when combined with other information you provide or that is broadly available, be likely to identify you.
Individuals may interact with Fielda in ways that require Fielda to gather Personal Information. The amount and type of information that Fielda gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we may request contact information (e.g. name and email address), the organization to which you belong, your location while using the Services, inspections and work order data collected within the Services (e.g. photo attachments and comments), plus such other information as Fielda may believe useful, including financial or other information, depending on the nature of the transaction contemplated. In each case, Fielda collects such information only insofar as is legal and appropriate. If you do not wish for Fielda to collect any information about you, you can simply not utilize any of the Services or otherwise supply Personal Information. Your choice not to provide information may, however, prevent you from using or engaging in certain activities on the Services.
1.2 Other Information.
“Other Information” is information that is not Personal Information, that is, by itself, it does not individually identify you, such as browser type, operating system, technical data, and usage. Like most website and application operators, Fielda collects Other Information of the sort that web browsers, applications and servers typically make available to operators, like the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Fielda may use this information for a number of purposes including, for example, to better understand how Fielda’s visitors use its website. The purposes for collecting and using this data may change from time to time at Fielda’s discretion, and Fielda may release non-Personal Information in the aggregate. By utilizing any of the Services, you agree to such use. We may link together different types of Other Information or link Other Information to Personal Information.
2 How We Collect Information
2.1 Information You Give Us.
We may collect information when you provide it to us directly. For example, the Services may require you to create an account or a user name and password, or the Services may allow you to upload other information about yourself.
2.2 Information We Get from Your Use of Services.
We may collect information about the Resources that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Computer, tablet, or mobile telephone information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, device sensors and mobile network information including phone number) and device sensors and related information. Fielda may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. We will comply with the usage/license restrictions and requirements applicable to the device from which the information comes.
- Log information. When you use the Services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include, for example:
- details of how you used our Services.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Location information. When you use the Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We also may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers. Certain Services may include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Fielda when you install or uninstall an application or utilize that Service or when that Services periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including Personal Information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Services as described below, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
3 How We Use Information We Collect
We take your privacy seriously. We use the information that we collect about you to provide, maintain, protect and improve the services and products that Fielda provides to you. We do not sell your information to any third parties and only use it for legitimate business purposes.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes, or may use it for these purposes in the future:
- To respond to questions that you may have.
- To provide products or services you request.
- If you submit a resume to work at Fielda, we may use it for hiring decisions and retain the resume or information in it for our own records or in order to contact you later.
- To inform you of updates regarding Fielda or services or products that may be of interest to you.
- To provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Services.
- To manage your participation in events and other promotions where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- To analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
- To analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Services including mobile applications and social media assets.
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities.
- To improve our customer service.
- To respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Services.
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements.
4 Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
In addition, we may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies like pixel tags and web beacons (often called “smart cookies”) to improve the functionality of the Services. Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to web browsers and stored on your computer. They tell us which parts of the Services you’ve visited so Fielda can alert you to software compatibility issues and save your preferences for future visits to the Services. Web beacons and pixel tags are images embedded in a webpage or e-mail for the purpose of measuring and analyzing usage and activity. We, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously provided by a user.
5 How We Share Information We Collect
As part of the use of your information for the above purposes, we may disclose your Personal Information or Other Information to our vendors and other contractors who perform various functions on our behalf. We require these third parties to agree in writing to safeguard your Personal Information against improper disclosure and in accordance with the law.
We also may provide information about you to other third parties with your consent or for one of the purposes above, e.g., following a subpoena or other legal process or to a regulatory agency in order to protect against fraud or investigate a criminal or civil matter or when [Entity] believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and interests, third parties, or the public at large.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies of Personal Information that is on our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. You acknowledge, however, that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Fielda undertakes commercially reasonable efforts to guard against unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of Personal Information, which efforts you agree are sufficient, adequate and complete. In some cases, we cannot control, and are not responsible for, information that is shared about you. For example:
- Information You Share. Some of our Services may let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines or otherwise further disclosed.
- Accessing and Updating Personal Information. If you provide us with information or create an account in order to access or receive the Services, we may or may not be able to provide you with access to your Personal Information. If information that we control about you is incorrect, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it (unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes). When updating your Personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
7 Electronic Communications
If you are a registered user of the Services or have supplied your email address, you agree that Fielda may further send you emails to provide you with information, to inform you of new products, to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on Fielda and its products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request.
8 Updating Your Information
If you believe that Personal Information, we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
11 Links to Other Sites
12 Children’s Privacy
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
13 Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Such browser features and industry standards are not uniform, so our websites and online services do not respond to those signals.
14 Information for California Residents
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, however. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us.
15 International Visitors
17 Contact Us
25 Century Blvd., Ste. 602
Nashville, TN, 37214